Visit and Like our FaceBook Page. Get latest Artificial Intelligence/Bot alerts and Blog articles on your FB account.
Latest AI updates or news :
- Artificial intelligence can predict suicide with remarkable accuracy (92%)
- Walsh and his colleagues have created machine-learning algorithms that predict, with unnerving accuracy, the likelihood that a patient will attempt suicide. In trials, results have been 80-90% accurate when predicting whether someone will attempt suicide within the next two years, and 92% accurate in predicting whether someone will attempt suicide within the next week. Click here for details
- Facebook’s artificial intelligence robots shut down after they start talking to each other in their own language
Facebook has shut down two artificial intelligences that appeared to be chatting to each other in a strange language only they understood.
The two chatbots came to create their own changes to English that made it easier for them to work – but which remained mysterious to the humans that supposedly look after them.
- Facebook’s AI Keeps Inventing Languages That Humans Can’t Understand
“Researchers at Facebook realized their bots were chattering in a new language,” writes Fast Company’s Co.Design. “Then they stopped it.” An anonymous reader summarizes their report:Facebook — as well as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Apple — said they were more interested in AI’s that could talk to humans. But when two of Facebook’s AI bots negotiated with each other “There was no reward to sticking to English language,” says Dhruv Batra, visiting research scientist from Georgia Tech at Facebook AI Research (FAIR). Co.Design writes that the AI software simply, “learned, and evolved,” adding that the creation of new languages is a phenomenon Facebook “has observed again, and again”. And this, of course, is problematic.
- Is China is beating America in AI Research?
The balance of power in Technology is shifting.China, which for years saw enviously as the west invented the software and the chips powering today’s digital age, has become a big player in AI, what some think may be the most important technology of the future. Click here for details
- “In what capacity will brainlike computers change the world?” Robin Hanson feels that people will get rich from robot work, while Gary Marcus foresees real headways in science and medicine and Martine Rothblatt concurs with Kurzweil that we will basically in the long run end up noticeably downloadable and in this way interminable. Click here for details.
- Will artificial intelligence ever understand human taste?
Professor Leroi and a group of his brightest students were going to use big data analysis and machine learning not only to discover the secret of pop success but to help an unsigned artist produce a guaranteed hit. To my growing viewing delight, the project was an abject failure. The research team analysed all 17,000 songs that have entered the charts in the last sixty years deriving over a million bits of data from each track. Applying machine learning to this data they set out to define the recipe for a hit song. Click here for details.
- Artificial Intelligence Used In Japan To Predict Taxi Ride Requests
In downtown Tokyo, just like in most major cities, taxi drivers make an educated guess as to where they might find their next paying passenger. Years of experience have honed their prediction skills to pinpoint customers depending on location, the time of day and weather. But even with this knowledge, tracking down passengers is still a hit and miss science with many drivers saying they can cruise around for up to two hours without finding a fare. Click here for details.